Pages

Friday, February 8, 2013

Happy Birthday Tyler!




Tyler turned 10 this year and is all about video games.  His favorites being Minecraft and Skylanders.  He is growing up way too fast.  He loves to hang out with his friends.  I wish I could say he loves going to school but that is not the case anymore.  He enjoys his teacher this year (mom likes her too!!!), he completed his first project on the Black Tailed Jackrabbit, and has started doing monthly book reports.


Tyler's birthday landed on a Sunday this year so he got a three day celebration.  To kick it off, he had a friend party on Friday.  His cake was a Creeper from the game Minecraft.  (Talk about a challenge. I swear I punched out like 1000 small squares out of fondant, in 6 different colors, to give it a pixelated look.)  I had pictionary to play with them.  Let's just say I should not have planned anything.  All they wanted to do was go downstairs and mess around. So that's just what they did until the pizza arrived.  Then they ate pizza, opened presents, ate cake and ice cream.  For the party favor, I made marshmallow popcorn balls with sprinkles and placed them on a ice cream cone filled with M&M's and Reese's pieces.


On Saturday, we took Tyler to Chuck-a-Rama his favorite restaurant.  We had them sing to him for his birthday and he loved it!  (Seriously, he really did!)  Finally on Sunday, we had Mark's parents over, Justin, Emily, & kids, and Mik & Joe.  I made his favorite foods: lasagna, garlic cheddar rolls, and cupcakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment