Pages

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Halloween 2010



"Mom, I want to go trick-or-treating with Conner this year instead of you or dad," said Tyler (almost 8). I felt like I hit a brick wall. Gone are the days of hanging out with us on Halloween. Thank heavens for Maleina still thinking it's fun to go with Mark and me.

We had a great time celebrating Halloween. During the day I took the kids downtown to trick or treat at the Merchants participating. Grandma, Justin, Emily, and Braxton came with us. The kids had a lot of fun until it started to rain on us. I also took them to the grocery store to trick or treat. They had a haunted house through there back storage area. Maleina refused to go in because she afraid of the dark. So Tyler and I went in. Just as we were leaving a guy hiding in a coffin popped out and scared Tyler. He screamed so loud! Then for the evening, our ward had a trunk or treat that showed the dedication of our ward members being willing to go in the pouring rain!

Afterwards, Maleina and I went home and Mark chaperoned Tyler and Conner while they went trick-or-treating door to door in Conner's neighborhood. Tyler had a blast and thought it was awesome to go with his friend. Mark was content following them in his truck with heated seats.

1 comment: