Pages

Thursday, May 1, 2014

Home Makeover!

Shortly after coming back from spring break, our kids' caseworker called to let me know that their aunt was in the process of getting custody of them.  They moved in with their aunt on April 18.  It was a bittersweet. We love these kiddos and want what is best for them.  The girls were so excited to move in with their aunt how could we not be happy for them!  Tyler sure misses having an older brother figure and a constant video game buddy.  Maleina misses having a friend here all the time to play with.  Overall, we are getting back into a normal routine, until our next placement arrives anyway.

After going from 5 kiddos down to 2, I now have some time to tackle some home improvement projects.  I decided to start with the bathrooms.  here are a couple of before and after photos of them.  I have another project in the works, but it is not completed yet.  Hopefully, I will have it done in the next couple of days.
 After downstairs bathroom (I forgot to take a before shot, it was bing cherry red).

 Before upstairs guest bathroom.
After, upstairs guest bathroom.

Before-pantry door.
After-pantry door.

My sister-in-law, Shae, has been trying to get me to paint my pantry door for months now.  I finally decided to do it when I had the paint out for the upstairs bathroom.  I really like it, and I found a fun butterfly knob that matches the color of my accent wall in my kitchen.  It was also her idea to add the stripes in my bathrooms.  I love how they both turned out! 

3 comments:

  1. Love the stripes!! So fun. And the pantry door is to die for. Seriously love it. So bright and cheery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great job you did with the stripes! They look awesome. Can't wait to see what else you have in the works :)

    ReplyDelete