Pages

Thursday, August 22, 2013

Trip to Grandma's & Grandpa's New Home

In June, the kids and I left Mark home and took off for Fair Oaks, CA to visit grandpa & grandma.  They were so excited.  It's quite a long drive (11 hours), and I like to speed so I thought I would be able to cut the time down to less than 10 hours.  Little did I know, there was sooooo much construction going on in Nevada, that all the time I should have shaved off was lost to all the construction.  We made it there safe and sound though, and I never got lost thanks to google maps on my phone.

Our first day there, Grandpa had taken work off and we headed to the Jelly Belly factory.  The kids love it! Tyler was a volunteer and had the pleasure of trying a vomit flavored jelly bean.  He was able to swallow some how.  Thankfully grandma had mints in her purse!  That morning, Tyler work up with a headache.  I thought a Tylenol would work and he would be fine the remainder of the day.  Unfortunately, the longer we were at the Jelly Belly factory




the worse he got.  Tyler was a trooper through the who day and even made it to the train museum after we finished the Jelly Belly tour.

On the second day, I went with my mom and sister to the farmer's market.  It was hot!!  We ran a couple more errands and then went back home for lunch.  After lunch, we left the kids with grandpa and took off to the Roseville mall.  It is HUGE!!!  We had been there about 30 minutes when my dad called and told me Maleina was crying because her ear was hurting.  (Oh yeah, and Tyler had woken up with a raw throat.)

After my dad's call, we left the mall and went home.  I was hoping that Maleina would be fine.  I had come prepared this time for sick kids and had Tylenol, ibuprofen, and throat spray.  (I learned that lesson over spring break when I had nothing and Tyler got sick.)  I treated her using the meds I brought and a warm rice pack.  It worked, or so I thought.  She would be fine for a few hours then suddenly need the rice pack and more medication.  Sunday night to Monday morning, after getting no sleep because her ear was hurting so badly, I found an instacare (which happened to be 1/2 mile from my parent's house) and took her to get treated.

Since I had sick children, we low keyed it for a few days and stayed close to my parent's home.

Fairy Tale Town



Finally, on Wednesday we ventured out to Fairy Tale Town and the Sacramento Zoo.  They were both fun! Tyler was a good sport and even had a little bit of fun at Fairy Tale Town.

Sacramento Zoo


The zoo was pretty cool (Hogle Zoo is better).  Maleina and Tyler both touched a snake.  I was so impressed!

Grandpa took another Friday off work and we went to Old Town Sacramento.  It was pretty cool.  The kids were good sports again and loved going into the candy shops.  Those candy shops sure want and arm and a leg for their candy though.

Our trip there was a lot of fun, even though the first five days the kids were sick.  We managed to go to some of their favorite restaurants, Mel's & Smashburger.







No comments:

Post a Comment