Pages

Friday, September 30, 2011

Cake Pops!



For Mark's birthday this year I decided to make Coconut Lime Squares for him since he is not much of a cake person. But, after all it is a birthday, so for the kids to get to have some cake I made Cake Pops (Tyler and Maleina call them bake pops thanks to some television commercial) and they were super excited. For Maleina, I made Hello Kitty, and Tyler was going to get Smilely face ones. Everything was going along perfectly. I was a little nervous for the dipping part of it, but dipping chocolates is a lot more challenging that it made cake pops easy. When I was all done dipping the Hello Kitty ones, I was delighted in thinking, "now all I have to do is draw on her face." Well, apparently I didn't buy good enough edible markers and it was a PAIN!!!! The eventually turned out okay for my first time and with crappy markers, I can't be too hard on myself. Since the markers didn't work out so well for me I decided to skip the smily faces and just put sprinkles on Tyler's cake pops. They were a lot of fun, and hopefully a big hit for Mark's party tonight! Happy Birthday Babe!!! I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment